Sunday, June 29, 2014

Last day :(

Today we finally came to a bitter-sweet ending to this amazing journey.  Last night the majority of us went to one of Prague's most famous pub crawls where we travel across the old town area with a group of 700 some people to 4 different bars.  Long story short, we had one amazing night!  There was people from every country imaginable there so we definitely got one of the widest cultural experiences possible so going to bars can't be all that bad sometimes ;)

After recovering from a "well rested night" we started our day off by going to the Prague Castle and cathedral which was owned by SURPRISE, the Hapsburg family.  One of the things I looked forward to during this trip was to see the cathedrals and castles because of the beautiful architecture and today was definitely that day.  Religious or not, being inside that cathedral and marveling at the structures and stained-glass widows alone would make your jaw drop.  I wasn't able to even put my camera down the whole time in there because everywhere we turned there was either an amazing statue or some piece of stained-glass that I had to take a picture of.  I was also excited to see the torture chamber/dungeon.  For some odd reason morbid things like that intrigue me!  Our going away dinner tonight was great as well.  I hadn't had anything on our menu so it was good trying out some new dishes.

Being over in Europe with 19 complete strangers is something that has truly changed my life.  I've learned so much about myself and the other people on this trip, and I think that's by far the biggest takeaway from this experience.  Even with all the drama, bullshit, and tension this trip has brought, I wouldn't change a single thing about it.  I've met 19 of the most amazing people who now play a big part of change in my life, but damn is it going to be good being back home!  Enough jibber jabber, scroll down for some of the most amazing pictures of the trip.

Dylan Kay














No comments:

Post a Comment